Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First Email from the MTC

(In a letter written by Tay the first day in the MTC)…July 5, 2012

Hey Familia,
It’s my first day in the MTC! My companion is Elder Gooden. He is from Peachtree City, near Atlanta, Georgia. He turns 21 in November. He is a really cool guy. He did ROTC and went to BYU for a year. He wants to be a marine. Today was very busy and it has been super hot. I saw Colton Barney, Jesse Bettridge and Elder Watson from Desert Hills. The spirit is already so strong. I love my District. The food was good! I will have p- days on Mondays. We are sharing a room with the DLs. I got a bottom bunk. I’m excited for tomorrow and gym time. I met the soon to be district leader and he was from Lone Peak in 2011 and walked onto BYU! He played outside backer. Everyone is so friendly.
I love you guys! Thanks for everything. I will be totally fine. I am in the Lord’s hands!! 
Love, Elder Parker

Mom!! My p- day is today on Monday. It has been a really busy few days!! but the spirit here is so strong!! I hope you got my letter, I sent it the first night. Wow!! Zach is going to my same mission? I had no idea!!! That is such a miracle, because it will help us both so very much. I love Zach. That surely is a blessing that you can now get packages to Courtney. I now kind of understand what she went through. Thank you so much for the package and food and letters, that really made my day. I really like it here. My companion talks a lot but he knows the language pretty well, so he has been helping me out with it. We have already learned how to bear our testimony and greet someone and say a prayer in spanish. We have learned so much. We already had our first little meeting with our investigator. I told him we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was really scary. But we talked for like 5 minutes in spanish. The days are really long. But my district is amazing. Elder Stevenson from Cedar City is in my district. I saw Colton Barney the first day I was here. Since then i've seen Preston Root from Snow Canyon, Elder Nelson, Elder Watson, and Elder Forbes from Desert Hills. Myles Anderton, Jesse Bettridge and Jacob Wilson from Hurricane!!! Yesterday was the most spiritual day here so far. We listened to a fireside from the admin. direc. Brother Heaton. Then we listened to that talk you showed me by Jeffrey R. Holland. The one about the road to salvation goes through Gethsemane. It was way spiritual. That same day we were able to walk around the Provo Temple. It was such a beautiful temple. Don't worry about me here. I will be fine. It is hard at times, but that is only normal. I am so blessed to be here! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment