Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013

Hey mom and family!! I am doing great this wonderful day. And you? The new area is going good. We have quite a few of people listening to our message. The members are really excited to work with us. They have been helping us receive referrals. Yesterday was so an amazing day!! I loved it so much. There were so many surprises that happened. I'll start off with the morning. So I was in church and we left the Sacrament meeting after it ended. And I saw my old bishop from Terrazas. Because those two wards are in the same chapel. So I was like hey is Leonardo here still? Leonardo is my convert from Terrazas. He said I think so. So I went outside, and from a distance I saw him. I waved and he saw me and started running towards us!! It was like in the movies slow motion and everything. We finally met and we hugged. He was smiling so big and couldn't say anything. Finally we started talking and laughing. He told us he misses us so much. He sure looks up to us. He said he was having a rough week, but then he read his Book of Mormon and found our letters we left in the back of the book. He said that cheered him up so much, those two letters. He was really really excited. I sure do miss him. He has changed so much and looked so happy in his white shirt and tie! I hope he will go on a mission someday if he desires. We said goodbye and he left. Also another surprise in the church. During sacrament meeting. All of a sudden the back doors opened and the Villatoro family arrived. Wow!! They are members but their kids aren't baptized. We have been visiting them a lot. They arrived and were so happy. They told us afterwards that it was the first time they have gone to the church in a year and a half. We were so surprised and pleased with the Lord. They were extremely happy. Then after church we were walking and all of a sudden I saw a family from my first area in Las Torres. In Bosque. I could not believe it. It turns out that her brother is in our ward and they were going to visit him. So we went for a little to talk to them. They were so excited to see me and I was so happy to see them and talk with them about my old ward. It turns out that my converts are still going to church and are strong!! :) That is the best feeling ever. Also when I didn't have a companion that one month over there, a young man worked with me for a week. He got his mission call and leaves this Wednesday. It was neat to hear that, because I was able to help him for a week. In equal manner he helped me. We talked about all the families and the converts. I was smiliing so much, it was hurting to smile. Then they told us they were going to bring dinner to us tonight. So I hurry and wrote some letters today so they can give them to my converts and my ward. I am really excited for them. It was a great day.


Today we went to Sam's to buy some food for two weeks. I loved it there. I felt like I was back home in Costco!! There was some good stuff there. :) So I should have plenty of food for awhile. Thanks so much for the package!! I loved it from Yellowstone. I am so blessed. Thank you so much. I think I am the Elder that receives the most packages and letters here in the mission. All the Elders call me Elder Vanpelt from that movie The Best Two Years I believe. All of them say I always have letters and packages. hahah It's because I have the best family. But you don't need to send so many packages, because I know how expensive it is and I am doing fine. :) Well I love you all.

Love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment