Friday, August 2, 2013

July 29, 2013

Hey mom and family!!! How is everyone doing? I am doing great. Today was had an activity with the President!! WE went to the canyon of Sumidero again and after we played sports in Cana Hueca. And afterwards we ate pizza. It was such a blast!! I got to see a lot of my friends!! I got to see my companion that I trained and Elder Jones and my old zone and just a ton of friends. We had a great time. The canyon looked so beautiful this time. It was really really green. the last time was really dry but this time was really green. Then we sang "How Great Thou Art" in Spanish up at the top of the canyon looking down. It was so spiritual.


I was ripping it up in sports!! I sure do miss playing sports, especially football. I got to throw the football around and run some routes with a few missionaries. The only thing is is that there aren't a lot of missionaries that play. But I was able to find some that used to play also. I loved it so much. I love throwing the football around. Just like the good old times in the backyard. We got to eat some pizza also. The President played against me in basketball. It was really fun, he is actually really good. He said he used to play on a church team. I didn't get too sunburnt because I put on sunblock in the morning.


This week went really well. We got to meet most of the members because we ate with them this week. We are working hard. There aren't a lot of members in our half. Most of the ward is with the other missionaries. But we have really faithful members. They are all so humble and most of them are converts. Our ward is a lot bigger. I have a question. how many people usually go to church in our ward. Like the ward assistance? I got to talk to my old companion about my old ward, it was really fun, he said the members are always asking where I went. I guess they miss me. We were talking with the Presiden'ts wife today and she told us that my generation will be ending the mission with her and the President in June. So I'm not sure what exactly will happen. Like June 26 or something. Or maybe the option to entend a few weeks after they leave. But I don't want to think too much in that right now, there is still time to work. I think I am losing weight. hahah Which is normal I guess here in Mexico. Well I want to go so we can chat. I love you all. Love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment