Thursday, September 6, 2012

August 27, 2012

Hey mom!!! Como esta? hahah Estoy muy entusiasmado por que yo voy a Tuxtla Gutierrez en una semana!! Oh yeah!!!! I talked to an elder last night who is from Mexico! He said he has been to Tuxtla Gutierrez and absolutely loves it there! He says it is so beautiful there and the food is actually healthy he said! He told me about this huge fish with a crocodile mouth! It has a really poky back. He said when it rains a lot, they get flooded out of the rivers and such, and swim through the puddles in the streets!!! It is a little scary, because if you step on it, the spine can go through the shoe I think he said. He was telling me all of this in Spanish! So I understood most of it. But he said it tastes good? hahah not like I'll be eating those!

Wow... So last Tuesday Elder Neil L. Andersen talked to us for our devotional! We were so blessed to hear from him, because we have been waiting this whole time to hear from a general authority!! Right when he walked in, the spirit just overcame me! I didn't see him at first, then everyone started standing up, and I looked over, and the spirit just ambushed me! It was so amazing! He gave such a wonderful talk! He talked about 9 things President Thomas S. Monson would say to us if he were there. It was also President Monson's birthday that day, so he put a picture of him up on the screen, and we sang happy birthday to him! It was funny, and cool at the same time! Then, when Elder Andersen left, we all stood up and kept standing until he walked out of the room. It again, was another spiritual moment. We were just so blessed to hear from him. The number 4th thing that Thomas S. Monson would say was that "The Lord will shape the back to bear the burden placed upon it." Wow, that meant so much to me. He also said after that, "When we are on the Lord's errand, we are entitled to the Lord's help." That was so powerful, and that is what I liked hearing the very most.
Then this Sunday, yesterday, my district got the chance to usher! In the huge gym, where there are over 2100 seats! It was actually not bad at all, I was at the very first letting people know how many free seats there were and directing "traffic". Kind of like how Lauren and Court and I would always tease about directing with our hands. If you don't understand that, ask Lauren. hahah I actually was signaling in a couple Elders, doing the circling motion with my arm. hahaha. It was funny! But at the end of this devotional, a Samoan Elder sang, "How great thou art." Wow... It was the most powerful voice I have ever heard. I get chills right now just talking about it. He had such an amazing voice, with so much passion and the spirit was so so strong, it stayed the whole entire song. It was by far the best voice I have ever heard here. It reminded me of the huge Israel guy who sings "Over the Rainbow", but it was more powerful than that.
When I was ushering last night, Elder Devin Bennett came up to me and was like Elder Parker!! It was nice to talk to him, and see him! He seems like a really nice Elder. Then after the devotional, I planned a little get together picture, by the huge Map at the MTC. So first I took pictures with Elder Wilstead, and Elder Murdock from Pine View, they are leaving today around 4. They are actually really awesome, and we have grown to be good friends while we've been here. Then after they left, I took pictures with all the Elders from Hurricane. Elder Gubler, Mills, Staples, Bulloch, Evans, Canfield, and I think that was it. It was really fun, and we got a lot of good pictures. Cash Mills left this morning, and last night was the first time since I've seen him here. So it was really nice to see him, and he looked really excited to leave. He ran up to me and gave me a huge hug!!
Well this is my last Monday p-day here! I am hoping and think they will give us a little time on Saturday to pack and get ready to leave. On friday, all day, we have infield orientation. We go to workshops and learn how to place copies of the Book of Mormon, and other things. Well I can't wait to hear you all on the phone!! I am so excited for that!!! Today, was my last time that I went to the temple! It was probably the best experience since I've been here. I tried doing what you do and stayed in the last room until I was almost the last one. When I looked up at the picture of Jesus with his arms open, the spirit just overcame me. I knew right there, that I was going to be safe in Mexico, and that everything will be alright with our family and with the people in Mexico. It was such an amazing feeling!!! I love you so so much Mom~!!! Let the family know how much I love them.
you quiero compartir mi testimonio,
yo se que esta iglesia es verdadero.
yo se que el libro de mormon es la palabra de Dios.
YO se que Jose Smith fue un profeta, y thomas s monson es un profeta hoy.
Amo mi familia, y se que podemos vivir juntos siempre. amo ustedes mucho!!!!!
I would keep going, but I don't have much time. I love you so much!!!!
Love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment