Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 21, 2013



Hey mom and family how are you all doing? I am doing great here! The weather has been kind of cold actually!!! Woohhoooo!! Seriously, I have felt cold in the nights here around 7 and 8 walking around. It is weird, the weather here. But I am not giong to complain about it :) Well we had divisions this week, I went with the leader of the zone this Tuesday. We went to a members house and the dad started cleaning and shining my shoes. I felt a little like the disciples of Christ in that moment. It was a spiritual experience. We celebrated Marco, my convert, his birthday on Monday. We talked about the temple and gave him a picture of the temple so they can prepare to go there together as a family in a year. It was a really spiritual lesson. He has grown so much already, it is crazy to think that he is the same person, but has changed a lot. In fact, his wife gave her first talk on Sunday this week. It was amazing, and the spirit was so strong. This Sunday was so amazing, I always like Sundays. I am always so happy during the time I am in the church.

Nathan, I saw a peacock, and I took a few pictures of it :) I saw a sweet car and I was able to take a few pictures, the owner let me. I'll send a few pictures :) Well I guess there was a hurricane like an hour away from where we are at. That explains why it has been so windy here and cold. We were eating with the family Bruno again and their returned missionary and we made root beer floats for everyone in their family. It was really awesome. When he gets back from Mexico, his vacation, we are going to make smores together for his family. We have been running in the mornings which I forgot how much I missed doing. One morning, I guess Hermano Calimayor saw us, the old man that is so cute. And on Sunday he said he liked my shorts. hahaha He was serious, he said I like how your shorts fit and they make you look handsome. It was a really nice and sincere compliment. I told him they were from my high school.

So the office yesterday called me and told me I have a package there and letters. And the other missionaries from my area went today to get them for me. I will probably receive that stuff today or tomorrow from there. :) Well tell Jo dog happy birthday, I am working on sending letters for him and court! Well, there is a funny story, I have one shirt that every time I iron it, it smells like splash mountain and I think I am in Disneyland. :) yes... I do know how to iron!!!

I read a good article in the Ensign about the sacrament. It is by Elder Don Clarke. How is the weather over there? Are you liking it? Tell Tyler and his sister hi and good luck for me :) I am excited to hear where Colton is going. I miss my good old family. But I know this is where I am supposed to be :) We are close to another baptism. I am always feeling the spirit so strong here, and honestly, it is a crave for me. I want to do everything possible so I can feel the spirit because I love that feeling. It is such a good feeling. I cry at times, which I don't like doing, but I can't help it. I fasted for the family this Sunday, also :) I love you all so much!!! Love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment