Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 29, 2012

Provo MTC





Elder Gayton - a good friend from my district. He played football also. He is the only member in his family. I respect him a lot.


Familia!!! How are you all doing? It is awesome to hear that you and dad had those good spiritual experiences. This week for me went by really really fast. We have been working so hard. We had 16 lessons with a member present this past week. The most in the zone. But we can have more. I am loving working with my companion. One night with the family in our ward, he played "Dust in the Wind" on the guitar. He is so good at the guitar. We were walking along the road after lunch one day and a man came up to us and asked for a Book of Mormon. We said sure, you are a member right? He said no. We were both like is this real? haha He read 20 chapters in the first night. 

There are these bananas frozen with chocolate on them. They call them chocobananas. It is my new favorite treat here. A member sells them to us for 2 pesos. They are so good, my companion absolutely loves them as well. When I get back to the U.S. I am going to sell them and become rich. hahaha just kidding. There was a huge fiesta outside our house in the street last night. They set up huge tents with music and people dancing. It was kind of cool. The culture here is definitely different. But I like it. There are a lot of bands that play in their houses. We walked past one the other night and they sounded pretty decent.


This past week the primary sang in sacrament meeting. It was so so spiritual. I loved it so much. That is always one my favorite times of year is when I get to listen to the primary children sing their songs and give their testimonies. How is everything going at home? I haven't used those shirts yet, I am going to save them for when I need them. I am okay, I don't really need anything right now. Maybe some more snacks. I love eating snacks. It doesn't seem like a lot, but for me they make my day. I will probably buy some shampoo in 2 weeks or so. But everything else is fine I believe. Thanks for asking. The members here are so amazing. I am so blessed to be here. My companion said that in his first area, there were 7 people in his ward. hahaha He said I am so lucky to be here. I have no doubt. I really hope that I can stay here as long as I can. On Thursday we will be hearing from Elder Johnson. He is of the 70 I think? But it is a really big deal here. He presides over this mission. I haven't received any mail lately. I should within this week I believe. I love you all so much! I hope everything is going okay. How are Dad and Josh? How is Lauren doing with school and everything? and Jo? Nath dog, how is football going?> I love you all so much. love Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment